Accepting Artist Registrations from May 1 to June 1, 2021!
Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour, Sat. Sept. 25 & Sun. 26, 2021
Email: arlstudiotour @ gmail.com
The 2021 Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour in Arlington County, Virginia, is a free, self-guided tour of artists’ studios that will take place on Saturday, September 25, and Sunday, September 26.
The event provides local artists with an opportunity to feature their work, processes, and studio spaces, highlighting the richness and diversity of the visual arts to be found in Arlington County.
- Participating artists must have a workspace for creating art located within Arlington County, Virginia.
- Artists who live in Arlington but have studios elsewhere are not eligible to participate on the Tour, unless they have a space for making art at home.
- All visual art media will be accepted
- All work shown must be the artist’s original work.
- Participating artists must make their studio available to the public on Sept. 25 or Sept. 26, 11 – 5, dependent on location. (See Other Requirements and Options.)
- Temporary set-ups in businesses or pop-up spaces (other than the artist’s home) are not eligible.
- Registration fee is $30. Payments can be made online or via check.
- Deadline for registration is June 1, and check payments must be received by June 15.
- Space is limited to 60 artists on a first-come, first-served basis, so reserve your spot early!
- To show during this event, all participating artists are required to register online.
- By registering, artists agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please read them thoroughly before registering.
- Registered artists will be included in an artist directory (online and print versions).
- Registration requires artists to provide their contact information (name, studio address, phone number, and email) a description of their art, and one representative image of their work.
- During registration, artists can opt to participate in AVAST200. Prepare to upload an image of the work you would like to contribute. See the FAQ “AVAST200” section and Terms and Conditions addendum for more information.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
- Studios with zip codes of 22205, 22207, 22203, and 22213 will be open on Saturday, September 25. Those with zip codes of 22201, 22209, 22204, 22206, and 22202 will be open on Sunday, September 26. See the FAQ “Eligibility and Registration” section for more information.
- Artists should be willing to discuss and, ideally, demonstrate their creative process with Studio Tour attendees.
- Artists may have art for sale. No commission will be taken and all sales taxes will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Artists are responsible for reading and adhering to all email correspondence from AVAST. Add arlstudiotour @ gmail.com to your contacts and check email and junk mail regularly.
- Artists agree to promote the Studio Tour through notifying their clients, patrons, friends, family, etc.
- Artists agree to follow protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19. (See the FAQ “Safety” section.)
2021 KEY DATES
6/1 Deadline for completed registration form
6/15 Deadline for receipt of registration payments via check
7/23 Tour Guide/Map PDF sent to artists to proof and confirm contact info
7/31 Deadline for artist corrections to contact information
9/4 Printed Tour Guide/Maps and road signs anticipated to be available for distribution to artists
9/25-26 STUDIO TOUR
- Introduce your work to a new audience.
- Familiarize the public with your creative process.
- Generate revenue from potential art sales.
- Connect with other local artists and art lovers.
- Make visible the strength and numbers of visual artists in Arlington.
The success of the Studio Tour will depend on the combined efforts of participating artists and the organizing team. Artists are encouraged to invite their contacts, and the AVAST team will promote the event via online calendars, traditional media, printed materials, and social media.
USE OF IMAGERY
Artists grant Studio Tour organizers permission to use their art images (without compensation) for marketing and publicity related to this event.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
The Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour volunteer team is acting as an informal organizer to centralize information about this Studio Tour. Through participation, the artist agrees that the organizers and its agents are not to be held liable for injury, loss, or damage.