Accepting Artist Registrations from May 1 to June 1, 2022!
Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour, Sat. Sept. 17 & Sun. 18, 2022
Registration Form (If you don’t have a Google/Gmail account, see Registration section below)
The 2022 Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour in Arlington County, Virginia, is a free, self-guided tour of artists’ studios that will take place on Saturday, September 17, and Sunday, September 18.
The event provides local artists with an opportunity to feature their work, processes, and studio spaces, highlighting the richness and diversity of the visual arts to be found in Arlington County.
- Participating artists must have a workspace for creating art located within Arlington County, Virginia.
- Artists who live in Arlington but have studios elsewhere are not eligible to participate on the Tour, unless they have a space for making art at home
- All visual art media will be accepted
- All work shown must be the artist’s original work
- Participating artists must make their studio available to the public on Sept. 17 or Sept. 18, 11 – 5, dependent on location. (See Other Requirements and Options.)
- Temporary set-ups in businesses or pop-up spaces (other than the artist’s home) are not eligible.
- Registration fee is $30. Payments can be made via check or via PayPal.
- Deadline for registration is June 1, and payments must be received by June 15
- If you do not have a gmail/Google account, use this registration form. Then email the image you would like used in the directory to email@example.com.
- Space is limited to 60 artists on a first-come, first-served basis, so reserve your spot early!
- To show during this event, all participating artists are required to register online
- By registering, artists agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please read them thoroughly before registering.
- Registered artists will be included in an artist directory (online and print versions)
- Registration requires artists to provide their contact information (name, studio address, phone number, and email) a description of their art, and one representative jpeg image of their work
- Registration fees may be mailed or delivered to: Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour | 5826 Washington Blvd | Arlington, VA, 22205. Include a note with your name and that you are sending your registration fee. If you prefer to pay via Paypal, please remit payment here: https://paypal.me/arlstudiotour?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
- Studios with zip codes 22201, 22209, 22204, 22206, and 22202 will be open on Saturday, September 17. Those with zip codes 22205, 22207, 22203, and 22213 will be open on Sunday, September 18. See the FAQ “Eligibility and Registration” section for more information
- Artists should be willing to discuss and, ideally, demonstrate their creative process with Studio Tour attendees
- Artists may have art for sale. No commission will be taken and all sales taxes will be the responsibility of the artist
- Artists are responsible for reading and adhering to all email correspondence from AVAST. Add arlstudiotour@ gmail.com to your contacts and check email and junk mail regularly
- Artists agree to promote the Studio Tour through notifying their clients, patrons, friends, family, etc
- Artists agree to follow protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19. (See the FAQ “Safety” section.)
2021 KEY DATES
May 1 Call for Artists Opens
June 1 Deadline for Registering
June 15 Deadline for Registration Fee Payment
July 15 Artists receive proof of print materials
July 22 Deadline for artists’ correction to materials
August 29 (TBD) Printed Tour Guides, maps and road signs available for distribution to artists
September 16 (TBD) Launch Party
September 17-18 Studio Tour, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
September 20 Drop off road signs
- Introduce your work to a new audience.
- Familiarize the public with your creative process.
- Generate revenue from potential art sales.
- Connect with other local artists and art lovers.
- Make visible the strength and numbers of visual artists in Arlington.
The success of the Studio Tour will depend on the combined efforts of participating artists and the organizing team. Artists are encouraged to invite their contacts, and the AVAST team will promote the event via online calendars, traditional media, printed materials, and social media.
USE OF IMAGERY
Artists grant Studio Tour organizers permission to use their art images (without compensation) for marketing and publicity related to this event.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
The Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour volunteer team is acting as an informal organizer to centralize information about this Studio Tour. Through participation, the artist agrees that the organizers and its agents are not to be held liable for injury, loss, or damage.