Accepting Artist Registrations through July 1, 2020!
Arlington Virtual Art Studio Tour, Sept. 26 & 27, 2020
The 2020 Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour in Arlington County, Virginia, is a free online tour of participating artists in their studios. The “tour” will consist of pre-recorded videos of artists in their studios, as well as Facebook Live studio showcases. A non-juried event for local artists to feature their work, processes and studio spaces, AVAST highlights the richness and diversity of the visual arts to be found in Arlington County.
To showcase Arlington’s established and emerging visual artists in their working studios for colleagues, art enthusiasts and collectors.
a) Participating artists must have a workspace for creating art within Arlington, VA.
b) If artists are unable to occupy their normal studio in Arlington due to Covid-19, such as Lee Arts Center artists, they are eligible.
c) Artists who live in Arlington but have studios elsewhere are not eligible, unless they have a space for making art at home.
d) All media will be accepted and all work shown must be the artist’s original work .
e) Participating artists must have the capability to record a video in their studio (see Video Requirements for more details).
f) Temporary set-ups in businesses or pop-up spaces (unless they qualify under clause [b]) are not eligible.
- There is NO FEE to participate, but space is limited, so reserve your spot early!
- To show during this event, all participating artists are required to register online.
- By registering, artists agree to the Terms And Conditions.
- The first 60 registered artists will be included in an online artist directory. Required info includes artist’s name and studio address, phone, email, format (pre-recorded or live) and submission of a representative image of your work.
- A website is also required; artists may include their own domain, Instagram account featuring their art, page on a gallery or artist association website, artist Facebook page (not a personal account), etc.
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
- Artists have the option to pre-record a 5-7 minute video or conduct a 15 – 20 minute Facebook Live event within their studio.
- Artists who opt to submit a pre-recorded video must upload their finished video to a cloud location (TBA) by August 15. The video should be in .mp4 format and may not exceed 7 minutes. Other specifications, such as file size, TBA.
- Once videos are received and viewed, artists will receive a confirmation. It is the responsibility of the artist to follow up if they do not receive a confirmation.
- Artists who opt to conduct a Facebook Live event must complete a trial run with an AVAST team member by August 15. A team member will arrange with artists a timeslot for their test.
- Artists should discuss their creative process and showcase finished and/or in progress work.
- Before recording, artist must read the Creating an Effective Video Visit guide.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
- Artists may have art for sale on their website. No commission will be taken and all sales taxes will be the responsibility of the artist. The online directory and Facebook page will link to artists’ websites.
- Artists are responsible for reading and adhering to all email correspondence from AVAST. Add arlstudiotour @ gmail.com to contacts and check email and junk mail regularly.
- Each artist agrees to be responsible for personal promotion by notifying clients, patrons, friends, family, etc.
2020 KEY DATES
7/1 Deadline for completed registration form and digital images
7/8 Confirmation of participation or waitlist by tour organizers
8/15 Deadline for completed pre-recorded videos or for Facebook Live test
9/15 Deadline for artist corrections to online directory
9/23 Pre-recorded videos go live (subject to change)
9/26-27 Facebook Live Events occur
- Introduce your work to a new audience.
- Familiarize the public with your creative process.
- Generate revenue from potential art sales.
- Connect with other local artists and art lovers.
- Make visible the strength and numbers of visual artists in Arlington.
The success of the Studio Tour will depend on combined efforts of participating artists and the organizing team. Artists are encouraged to invite their contacts, and the AVAST team will promote the event via online calendars, traditional media, and social media.
USE OF IMAGERY
Artists grant tour organizers permission to use art images for studio tour marketing and publicity for this event, without compensation.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
The Arlington Visual Art Studio Tour volunteer team is acting as an informal organizer to centralize information about this studio tour. Through participation, artist agrees that the organizers and its agents are not to be held liable for injury, loss, or damage.